Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Canvas Card


Just thinking the other day, we make Canvas Scrapbook pages so how about a Canvas Card, so I tried it!

I used two canvases that you buy at your craft center, not the ones that are framed with the stretcher bars, just the canvases (usually they come in a pack of 1/2 a dozen) I used the 5 x 7.


Then I glued some random pieces of ribbon and I found these cute little burlap stickers for extra texture.


I covered it all with Gesso which is a primer to excepting paint.
It comes in clear and white, get the white to make it all one color.
Like anything that get's wet, it lifts, you can prevent some of the lifting by sticking it down in the spots but I actually like the lifting because it adds more texture.
I sprayed both pieces with Heidi Swapp Color Shine but you can use any paint you mist on, like glimmer mist's or distress inks...
I also sprayed my flowers, which started out white.


Out of a heavy weight card stock, I made a 5x7 card. sprayed it lightly with the same mist making sure I covered the scoreline because it will show.

Redline tape it or use a strong glue to glue both pieces on the card


Decorate it! I found these cute little cogs and keys & key holes and I glued on my sprayed flowers. My image is Heather's 'Pyro Lightening Buggmee', colored her with copic markers, fussy cut her out leaving a white border around her and then popped her up on dimensional dots and added these flatback pearls to her wings. 
Isn't she purdy and it opens like a card.

I printed out my little journaling 'Happy Birthday' in WORD and then punched it out with a word window punch from SU.

I used metal so I entered it at:
Lots of layers at:
I also posted my tut at Lacy Sunshine Blog












5 comments:

  1. Oh wow Denise! I love this idea and love the photo tutorial too. Great job and really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super awesome! I wonder if you are the first to ever do this?? That would be cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever chickie... this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete